Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surgery is Over

I posted this on the bible forum on the board and I am so exhausted that I don't feel like retyping something new, so I just copied and pasted it here.....



Thank you all so much for the prayers! I can't even begin to describe how much it means to my family and I. My dad went back into surgery around 845am and did not get out until about 6. The doctor said he was very pleased with how well the surgery went! He said they had to replace his tricuspid valve ( which is the valve that take blood from the right atrium into the right ventricle before it heads to your lungs, if I remember right) and they also replaced his aneurysm, which was by far worse then the doctors had expected but thankfully they got that fixed before something happened!! I left my nursing class early and got to the hospital as fast as I could so I would be able to see him. They told us to prepare ourselves because there would be tubes everywhere and he could be swollen. He did not look as bad as I had been picturing, but I still cried because it is never easy seeing your dad like that! He is still on anesthesia since his surgery was such a serious one and they are going to let his body come off that on its own, which will probably be around midnight tonight or so. He is also breathing on a ventilator but the nurse said once he starts waking up, they have to get him breathing on his own before they can take it out. That really breaks my heart, because that was the ONE thing that my dad was worried about. He didn't even want to know the ventilator was in, but they have to make sure he can breathe on his own so he has to be awake. I just hope they can calm him down and maybe give him some pain medicine to help with uncomfortableness. I cannot wait to see him tomorrow and actually be able to give him a hug!! Thanks again for all the prayers!! God really is sooooo good and faithful, and He really proved that to me over this last week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online