Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy/Nervous

I'm not really sure how to feel. Last night when I found out the news about Osama, I ran downstairs and shared the news with my dad. We both couldn't believe, so we turned on Fox News. Sure enough, "Osama Bin Laden is dead" was at the bottom of the screen. It a way, it was wonderful to see. After all this time, we finally got him. We got the man that killed our own people. After 10 years, we killed him. I know all the troops are freaking ecstatic right now. I'm so proud of our troops, I can't even explain it.

In another sense, I'm nervous...and scared. I scared about what it is going to be like in Afghanistan now. I was Andrew was coming home sooner then July. I'm nervous that the Taliban is going to get even more pissed off and come at us with full force. Not to mention, the Taliban even announced yesterday that they were officially starting their Spring Offensive. I want Andrew to stay safe, but I feel helpless. I know he and his whole unit are good Marines. They have been trained by the best and they are the best, but I still can't help thinking "What is going to happen now." I keep praying for the troops safety every time it crosses my mind. This war is a long way from over, and they need as many prayers as they can get. God please protect them, keep them strong and alert. If it is Your Will, confuse the enemy and make them weak. Be with our guys and let them all come home safely!

Pslam 91 has really been helping me:
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

This is going to be a long two months. The only way I am going to feel better anytime soon is to hear Andrew's voice and to find out how it is over there now. Ugh...stay safe baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online