Saturday, April 30, 2011

Oh man, it's been forever

This is the first time THIS YEAR that I have written anything. Kinda pathetic. I really need to keep up with this thing more because I know later on in life I'm going to love coming back and reading everything. My life over the past 4 months has been emotional and stressful, but overall good. God has really taken care of me when I need Him the most. Andrew has now been deployed for almost 5 months. This is my 2nd real deployment and we don't get to talk nearly as often as we did last time. I would say he calls once every 2 weeks (if that) and I haven't seen his face since he left. I've been trying to see how God works in my life and really taken it upon myself to realize it. This time 2 years ago, I would be going crazy within a week if Andrew hadn't called or skype-d with me, now I'm just thankful everytime he can call. I know he is safe and sound and he was thinking of me. God has also filled my life with school. I know I complain about it and it is really hard, but overall I am thankful that I have something to do to pass the time. I honestly can't believe I am almost done with my 2nd semester of Nursing School. It feels like it just started. I find myself loving it more and more.

This post is going to be all over the place but I feel like I have a lot to say.

My neice is now 3. We had her birthday party last weekend and she had a blast. She is the most beautiful little girl, I know I might be biased, but its the truth.lol I treat her more like my sister than anything. I guess it is because I never had a younger sibling, so I get to pick on her and drive her crazy. It's kinda weird how bugging her amuses me. My mom hates it, but its all for fun!! I love that little girl to pieces and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her.

I found out on Saturday that Andrew's unit lost 2 guys. The first time I got an email about a casuality was in January and I started crying. It was probably because it was so soon after he left and it just scared me. I know he is danger everyday, but then to hear about someone getting hurt near where he is put it in a whole perspective for me. This time around, I found out about it online. It took over my thoughts for the rest of the day. I kept thinking about the two Marines,those poor families, the poor Marines that had to witness it, just everything. I have found myself praying for Andrew's safety more and more after that. I know when he comes home and I get to finally hug him at homecoming, its going to be like a huge weight has been lifted. I can't wait until he is home. I know a couple post ago, I mentioned how I was going to be counting up....well here is a picture of how I am doing it.



This was taken a few weeks ago. My heart is getting close to finally being full again. I know I am ready for him to be home, I can almost imagine how he feels. One of my friends texted me the other day, and she said the sweetest thing. It is funny how little reminders make your whole entire day. I said something along the lines of "I miss him, I can't wait till he comes home", and my friend said, "You know he misses you" and I replied "I hope so", and what she said next, I will always remember. She said "Girl you're the best thing in that boy's life. Trust me, he's counting down the days." :) Should I say it again how much I can't wait until he is home??

This coming week is finals. Then I have one week off and I start summer school. If you read this, can you please say a prayer for me. I know it will be stressful and time consuming but in the end completely worth it. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I know God will give me the energy to get through this, as He always does.

I promise I will try to update this thing more, I've really missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online