Monday, May 10, 2010

Last week was just...... =)

Last week was awesome and hectic!

It was finals week, and I had all of my 5 finals to get through; one Tuesday, one Wednesday, two Thursday, and one Friday. So, needless to say, I was REALLY looking forward to Friday! I swear, all I did all week was sleep, eat, and study! Thursday was an awesome day! I had my lab final early thursday morning, which I completely bombed....oh well. My next final was Marriage and Family and I walk in and hear some girls talking about how in his early class, he told them to just tear up the final and they all got a 100! So...we all just knew he would do that and sure enough he did! I've NEVER had a teacher in high school, or college do that, so it was such a surprise and it really just made my day! Also, right before the "final", I hear these girls talking about military relationships, so of course I listen! I just knew they would bash girls like me in some way, but I was greatly surprised! They said something along the lines of, "I could never date a guy in the military. Those types of relationships seem so hard and it really takes a strong woman to do it." I'm really glad other people realize that it can be hard and that we manage the best we can!

I got home after class, I was just about to start studying for my micro final when I got an email from my advisor at LMU telling me that I got accepted into their BSN program! I started crying. I have been so overwhelmed trying to figure out what I am going to do this summer, if I am going to take classes, where I am going to go next year, and then IF I was even going to get into a nursing program....so that email was just a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! In a way though, it also makes me extremely nervous!! I'm sure this is human nature, but what if I'm not a good nurse. What if I don't know what is wrong with my patient or how to help them. I'm terrified of failing, and for some reason that is all I can think about. I know it is going to be hard, but won't that make it just 100x more rewarding when I do finally get to become an RN. This school is 17 months straight, so hopefully by next Decemeber I will be done. I got a little bumbed thinking about some things though. I know I'm going to be crazy busy and I won't be a flexible as I am now to do things, but I'm just hoping I will be there to see Andrew leave when he deploys and I especially hope I can be there when he gets home! The thought of not being able to kills me, and we kinda talked about it last night, and he said he really wants me there, but I know if I can't come I just can't, and its just going to be a HUGE disappointment for both of us. I know he will understand, but that still won't make it any easier! Ugh....I know, I know...I shouldn't worry about it now! So, I'll try not to.

Moving on, yesterday was Mother's Day! We had a great day! Church was awesome (as always) and then we went out to eat! Mom seemed to like all her presents and then we spent the rest of the night watching movies! All in all, it was a great day and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Today is my dad's birthday and it is very special. In Febuary he had heart surgery and we didn't know if he was going to make it, and now here we are celebrating his birthday is just awesome! It makes me even that much more thankful for him!! I'm very blessed to have such wonderful parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online